Tsinglan School in Dongguan is currently interviewing highly qualified Drama Teacher position.
We offer a very competitive salary, health insurance, housing allowance, and flight reimbursement home (one time per year). We generally require our teachers to work 20 lesson per week with classes that have approximately 15-20 students per class.
1. Responsibly plan and teach science lessons and support students as a homeroom teacher
2. Contribute to the development of a comprehensive science curriculum for Tsinglan School
3. Contribute to the active, co-curricular science program at Tsinglan School
4. Help design and carry out Science Week and other science themed days and activities for students of different ages (kindergarten, lower school, middle school, and upper school)
5. Create an upper school (grade 9-12) component to the science program when the upper school is added
6. Help with physics and bio-chemistry lab works; maintain safety, order and cleanliness in the physics and bio-chemistry labs
7. Support the robotics program and maker program at Tsinglan School when possible
8. Support student learning by collaborating with other teachers and departments of the school, especially supporting ESL learning in science classes and programs
9. Enhance the scientific skills for students; help students with special scientific talents move far in this area by recommending opportunities to them and possibly offering extra tutorials
10. Support the school’s commitment to the 4C skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity in teaching and working with colleagues
11. Promote cross-cultural understanding among faculty and students
12. Participate actively in curricular work, curricular writing, and professional development within the curriculum group and the faculty at large
13. Whenever possible, become involved in interdisciplinary teaching with colleagues
14. Maintain positive relationships with parents and participate in parent-teacher conferences
15. Offer at least one elective or club for students each semester
16. Occasionally cover classes for colleagues
17. Assist with Foci-Learning Week, Summer School, Study Trips when possible.
18. Assist with other student activities when possible
19. Assess regularly and thoughtfully, both formatively and summatively, including midterms and final exams
20. Enter attendance records and grading data frequently into PowerSchool
21. Care for all students in class and actively report concerns and accolades regarding students’ progress in class
22. Support and work with the support staff where appropriate, including the admissions officers by writing and grading admissions tests
23. Be flexible, and assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the management.