Kingsmead School is seeking to appoint a focused and enthusiastic Science teacher to join an already high functioning team in September 2018.
Kingsmead is a larger than average secondary school with a wonderfully diverse population. We are habitually in the top 20% for progress nationally at both GCSE and A Level. We do this with an ambitious curriculum that values the Sciences, Humanities and Arts in equal measure. We work very hard, but we also do this with the aim of making sure that what we do as teachers is about the impact of the hours we teach mark and plan, rather than the quantity.
In 2017 the results for the Science department at GCSE were in the top 8% nationally and the leadership of the team is inspirational. There are currently sixteen members of the department who would very much like to meet you.
If you choose to join us we can offer you:
· Students and colleagues who are enthusiastic about learning.
· Experience of a large, complex and long-term successful urban secondary school.
· A collaborative environment focused on improving everyone in the team.
· Supportive behaviour and performance management systems.
· A school that aims to do things the right way, not just the easy way.
We ask in return:
· That you are committed to the very best outcomes for all students.
· That you are aiming to be the best teacher you can possibly be.
Closing date: 16th March 2018.
Interested applicants please click on the Apply button to submit an application form. All applications to be returned to email@example.com
Kingsmead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks. We are an equal opportunity employer.
‘Practise to Perfect’
Academy with Performing & Visual Arts Specialism