The Catholic School is more than an educational institution. It is a key part of the Catholic Church - an essential element in the Church's mission. The Teacher assists the Principal, to demonstrate strong support for the vision and ministry of the Catholic school.
Teachers are supported in their role to be able to provide quality teaching in a stimulating and challenging environment where everyone is valued. This position is responsible for all aspects of the planning, preparation and delivery of effective learning and teaching programs across the Science faculty.
As negotiated with the successful applicant.
- Appropriate teaching qualifications and current NESA registration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of content and pedagogy associated with secondary Science (7-12).
- Demonstrated skills in information and communication technologies.
- Demonstrated teaching skills, including working collaboratively with colleagues to create innovative experiences for all learners and a demonstrated capacity to team teach.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the capacity to develop productive and caring relationships with students, parents and staff where the focus is on the learning and well-being of the student.
- Demonstrated high standard of competency and proficiency in classroom practice and student management.
Qualified and willing to teach in other KLAs.
For questions regarding the professional nature of this position, please contact St Mary’s College on (02) 6742 2124.
Before submitting your application, please ensure the following:
You have carefully read the position description and ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills, experience and qualifications.
Complete the relevant online application form by clicking here and attach a cover letter (optional) and CV that clearly outlines your qualifications and career history.
Preferred applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be subject to employment screening.
St Mary's College Gunnedah