Repton School in Dubai has been consistently rated as ‘Outstanding’ by KHDA inspections, putting us in the top 1% of schools in the country. We are seeking outstanding Chemistry and Physics teachers to join us in summer 2018. Our ideal candidate should be able to combine their enthusiasm and excellent subject knowledge with an ability to inspire students across the ability range, including those applying to top universities.
The Chemistry and Physics departments at Repton consistently achieve outstanding results at both IGCSE and IB. Housed in a suite of well-resourced laboratories the department also has a dedicated full time technician.
Welcoming families from all nationalities and children of all ages, the school offers the very best in British education, epitomised by the school’s philosophy of ‘the best for every child’. Repton has state-of-the-art facilities and amenities and is situated on a spectacular campus of 1.3million sq. ft, making it the largest school in the region. There are currently around 1800 pupils attending the school.
Our pupils benefit from an international education based on the British independent and national curricula. Our clear aim and purpose is to provide the best teaching and learning environment in which all pupils will achieve their very best academically, physically and socially. By working closely with all its parents, the school aims to develop young people who will have all the tools they need to succeed in a rapidly changing, highly competitive, global society. In the Senior School, a full range of IGCSEs with a choice of 45 subjects, in addition to the IB Diploma and Career Programme is offered.
As part of the Evolvence Group, we share expertise across our group of schools and nurseries in UAE and offer great opportunities for career progression for those who seek advancement, along with opportunities for formal development for all through our partnerships with Apple and renowned Management and Leadership Development Programs. We're incredibly proud that the Senior Leadership and Management Teams in our schools have almost all been promoted from within the group.
What we require:
- A Bachelor’s degree in the specialist subject that you teach and qualified teacher status (QTS)
- Minimum of two years full time, post-qualification teaching experience in the UK National Curriculum and be a minimum of 25 years old
- Exceptional communication skills and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to innovate, excite and inspire children and colleagues
- Willingness to embrace new methods of teaching, particularly using Apple technology as we move towards Apple Distinguished School Status.
- We particularly welcome applications candidates looking to either continue or begin a boarding school career;
- Additionally, experience in coaching sport to a high standard (especially football, cricket, and netball) would be an advantage and should be made clear on your application.
What we offer:
- An exceptional tax free employment package
- Professional development opportunities, where many of our staff secure promoted posts within our group of schools;
- Family benefits for you, your spouse and up to two children;
- Private healthcare;
- Annual flight tickets allowance;
- Spacious accommodation;
- End of contract gratuity as per UAE labour law.
Applicants new to the region or applying from overseas should consider that working in UAE is rewarding but challenging. The education sector in UAE is in the midst of a significant change in regulatory regimes and therefore it's critical that our people are resilient in the face of challenges and have an attitude encapsulating the innovative nature of the school.
Application link - https://evolvence.careers.eteach.com/o/science-teachers-ks4-5-august-2018/c/new?source=TES