Science Teacher - MPS / UPS / ECT - Full Time - Start date January 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Science Teacher to join The Heights Burnley, an Alternative Provision School, which opened in September 2019 in response to demand from local schools.
The school provides high quality education within a purpose built, state of the art educational environment for pupils aged five to sixteen. In addition to providing the core subjects, The Heights Burnley also offers specialist vocational learning for pupils who have found it difficult to achieve in their mainstream setting.
The successful candidate will:
- have a passion for teaching and learning
- be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas
- be an excellent practitioner
- lead by example and act as a strong role model to students and staff
- have a positive, can do attitude with staff and students
- be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills
- have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student progress through own practice
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
The school is situated within easy access for the M65.
The Education Partnership Trust (EPT) is a growing Multi Academy Trust, established in 2012 with a proven track record of raising standards. The development of our valued colleagues contributes to our constant drive for excellence.
Our portfolio of schools includes; The Heights Blackburn; Coal Clough Academy Burnley; Pleckgate High School Blackburn, Burnley High School, Atherton High School and Eden School.
We are looking for outstanding practitioners with a passion for high quality teaching and learning to support our pupils to achieve the best possible educational outcomes whilst gaining the skills, experience and knowledge needed to return to mainstream education or accomplish a successful transition into further education, employment or training.
If you are ambitious, committed, highly motivated and believe you have high expectations and can make a real difference to the lives of young people, we want to hear from you.
Closing Date: 24th September 2021
Interview Date: 28th September 2021
For more information about this role, please contact email@example.com (David Bury - School Business Manager)
The Education Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding its children; therefore, an enhanced DBS clearance will be undertaken for the successful applicant(s). The Trust (and its schools) are legally obligated to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before making appointments to relevant posts.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section, please contact the recruitment team HR@ept-uk.com
The Heights Burnley
- Alternative provision with state - free school funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 16 years