Science Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Dates: Apply by Tuesday 13th November 2018
Contract type: Part Time
Contract term: Maternity Cover
Salary: Academy Trust Payscale based on skills and experience, plus potential for additional Reach Points
Start Date: January 2019
The Reach Free School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Science teacher to join our team of talented, energetic and visionary teachers.
At The Reach Free School pupils have a minimum of four Science lessons every week at The Reach Free School, and those studying triple Science GCSEs have eight lessons per week. At Key Stage 3 pupils are currently taught three Sciences by one teacher, so the ability to teach multiple disciplines at Key Stage 3 is required. Popular Science electives supplement learning in the classroom. We have five brand new Science laboratories and a well stocked preparation area to allow pupils to progress to the highest standards. The successful candidate will also have an important role to play in the development of A-Level science courses in our new sixth form.
We are looking for an expert practitioner with successful teaching experience across the age and ability range, and someone who demonstrates a good understanding of the potential of technology to enhance learning.
You will have a passion for all the Sciences, and a track record of excellent teaching, collaboration and creativity. You will hold and embody the highest expectations of your pupils and will have the drive and ambition to create an outstanding environment for learning, in Science and beyond.
The Reach Free School is looking for its teachers to:
- Be outstanding practitioners who inspire pupils and colleagues
- Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum
- Believe that every child can and will succeed
- Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
- Be excited about helping to design and create every aspect of the school, including the curriculum, policies and the extended day programme
- Contribute to the whole life of the school through our extra-curricular programme
- Have the highest ambitions for your pupils, the school and yourself
In return we will offer you:
- A unique opportunity to help build on the school’s successes to date
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- An opportunity to pioneer an exciting new curriculum at Key Stage 4 and Post-16
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
- Leadership and management opportunities both now, and in the future as the school grows
- A BUPA cash plan to contribute to medical care
The Reach Free School is a successful and rapidly growing secondary Free School, which opened in September 2013. The over-subscribed school is a popular choice for local families. In September 2018 the school moved into a brand new purpose built building right in the heart of the community that it serves.
If the challenges of working to develop a new local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 711517 or via email to Mrs S Berman, Headteacher’s PA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Apply by Tuesday 13th November 2018
Interviews to take place: November 2018
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Safer Recruitment Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as 'spent' must be declared when applying. The applicant may post such a declaration in an envelope marked 'Private & Confidential’ for the Headteacher. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level. The school will also carry out a prohibition from teaching check. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of your employment.