St. Nicholas School
A Unique Educational Adventure
Through an inquiry based international education, St. Nicholas Schools develops responsible, confident and caring citizens of an ever-changing world.
By setting high academic standards and celebrating cultural diversity, we nurture individual talents and embrace a shared passion for learning.
For August 2019
Science Teacher in the Middle Years Section @ the Alpha Campus
St. Nicholas School is seeking to appoint a Science teacher for the secondary section of the Alpha campus who has three or more years’ experience and who will enjoy working in a highly stimulating and dynamic international environment. Experience teaching science in the IB Middle Years Programme and/or Diploma is highly advantageous. There is a possibility of combining this position with the teaching of mathematics. More information about St. Nicholas School can be found at www.stnicholas.com.br and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/st.nicholas.sp and twitter https://twitter.com/stnickssaopaulo
St Nicholas is a vibrant, stimulating and happy multi-cultural environment. After 35 years experience, the school opened a second campus among the rolling hills of a satellite city, approximately 30 minutes from São Paulo. The Alphaville campus has a large green area and ample, well-resourced classrooms. The school currently educates 200 students through Grade 5 and is adding an additional year group each academic year. The school will open the first year of the middle years programme in 2019-20. International-mindedness is valued, promoted and celebrated. The school provides a balanced, rich, challenging and transformative education for its diverse body of students, most of whom are studying in English as an additional language.
St Nicholas is a successful, forward thinking and well-run school where teachers value sharing ideas, resources and experiences. In the first year of the middle years programme, teachers will devote some of their timetable to developing a middle years curriculum in the area of science and collaborate within different sections of the school as well as across sites.
Candidates are expected to have:
- A university degree in the subject to be taught, a related teaching qualification and three years’ teaching experience.
- A recognition and some understanding of how Millennials learn.
- A commitment to inquiry-based learning and the school's vision and mission.
- A commitment to international mindedness and IB teaching philosophy (www.ibo.org).
- A positive and optimistic attitude to students, learning and education.
- Additional qualities to add to the school community.
St. Nicholas offers
- a competitive salary paid in Reais
- a two year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- rent free accommodation
- private medical plan
- flights at the beginning and end of the contract
- professional development opportunities
- an end of contract gratuity
- fantastic students
Letter of application including a curriculum vitae, with the names and contact details of three referees, should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 9th December 2018. Skype interviews will be held on the following week. Face to face interviews will take place in early January if required.