We are looking for two high-quality professionals who have the highest expectations of themselves and our pupils. If you provide high-quality teaching and have a natural enthusiasm for improving the life chances of our children, then this could be the role for you.
As a Teacher of Science, you will be expected to engage and enthuse learners through a commitment to outstanding teaching and learning. To succeed, you must be innovative in your techniques to motivate and inspire young people and be a great team player and first-class communicator.
We wish to recruit someone who shares our vision that all pupils should leave with the skills to be able to express themselves creatively and imaginatively, and to communicate with others confidently and effectively. You will be expected to ensure, through effective teaching and learning, that all pupils acquire key skills and are inspired to achieve outstanding progress.
We are looking for someone who:
- has a passion for Science and the ability to inspire others to share it;
- has high professional standards;
- is committed to raising the achievement of all learners by ensuring teaching across the curriculum is of the highest quality;
- is able to make positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents alike;
- is able to plan and deliver innovative and inspirational lessons that engage pupils;
- has a genuine desire to provide the best education for students;
- is committed to the aims and ethos of the school;
- is a good manager of time and well-organised;
- possesses a willingness to keep up-to-date with developments in the subject area and become involved in relevant training;
- has an understanding of coaching-style leadership and a commitment to the professional development of those around you.
We are a mixed, non-selective, non-denominational secondary school in Nottingham. The academy has a ‘schools within a school’ model and has two other sites: Ransom Road and Sneinton Boulevard, together offering 3,780 places for students between the ages of 3-19. Nottingham Academy Greenwood Road opened in 2009. We belong to Greenwood Academies Trust along with 33 other academies across the UK.
You can be assured that you will be joining a successful Multi Academy Trust that has a great track record in helping children to succeed, no matter what their background. The Trust is dedicated to valuing and developing the workforce, whether that be through ensuring a fair workload or offering access to bespoke CPD from the Learning Alliance to enhance professional growth.
For NQTs looking to join the Trust, you can be assured that we will invest in developing your practice to ensure you succeed. All NQTs are required to attend the NQT development programme where you will be taken through a range of core areas of professional development including induction and training days where all the NQTs from the Trust are brought together. This training doesn’t stop at NQTs, as the Learning Alliance also offers programmes for Teachers looking to develop techniques and strategies to improve classroom practice.
For an application form and further information, please visit https://app.kallidusrecruit.com/GreenwoodAcademiesTrust/VacancyInformation.aspx?VId=34466
Closing date: 22nd April 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
All adults employed by the Trust have a responsibility for data protection and have a duty to observe and follow the principles of the GDPR Regulations.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.