Teaching Opportunities with Wellington College in China
Wellington College China has schools in Hangzhou, Shanghai and Tianjin. Our schools, for pupils aged 2 to 18, are expanding rapidly, so we are looking for talented teachers in most subjects. We offer attractive packages and prioritise teachers’ professional and career development. The Wellington schools in China all have world-class facilities and resources.
We are now recruiting teachers to start for the school year 2020-2021.
Science Teacher (Secondary)
Wellington College International Hangzhou
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
The post holder is accountable to the Head of Science.
Direct line management of Science is carried out by the Principal.
To lead, manage, develop, and be accountable for the curriculum at a Key Stage in order to ensure the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being.
• The strategic direction and development of Science at Key Stage 3.
• Teaching and Learning - to contribute to the development and implementation of effective teaching and learning strategies, including ICT-based developments.
• Support the Head of Department in leading and managing staff including monitoring of teaching and learning, pupil progress and standards of achievement and performance management of staff.
• Support the Head of Department in the efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources.
• Co-ordination and development of the curriculum for Years 7, 8 and 9, including management of resources and assessment arrangements and extra- curricular activities.
• Management of all Key Stage 3 resources, including the development of schemes of work for each year group.
• Research into new developments within Key Stage 3: investigating and piloting new initiatives in resources, class texts and teaching strategies.
• To ensure effective behaviour management systems are in place in line with wider school policies.
• To operate as part of the Science Team and attend all relevant meetings.
• To contribute, in a wider school capacity, to areas affecting the development of KS3 provision within Science as required.
• To ensure effective monitoring and communication with parents regarding academic progress both in line with school reporting procedures and in response to specific concerns as they arise.
• To enhance the development of a personalised learning culture.
• Additional duties as requested by the Head of Department.
• Provide information for external agencies.
• To take responsibility for knowledge of the school’s safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures, and demonstrate commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in line with these.
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to email@example.com indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
To find out more go to https://www.wellingtoncollege.cn/careers/