39 weeks per year (Term Time, plus 1 week INSET), 37 hours per week
Grade H4, SCP17-20: Pro rata salary £16,591.90 - £17,557.90 inclusive of Fringe Allowance
Could you be an enthusiastic ad inspirational Science Technician who would like to join a successful and popular 11-19 mixed secondary school that provides the highest quality education for all learners? If you believe that anyone can excel and that everyone deserves the best, then this is the job for you.
The Bushey Academy seeks an enthusiastic and committed Science Technician who will play a key role in supporting the Department. As well as providing general laboratory support, you will also assist in practical Science lessons and must therefore be able to relate well to both staff and students. The successful candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative and be a good team player. An interest in science is essential and some experience would be an advantage but is not essential as full training will be given.
You will have a passion for continuous improvement, high expectations and very high standards of performance.
We can offer:
1. Professional development opportunities
2. Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and department heads
3. A full induction programme for new staff to the academy
4. An incentive package, which includes: complimentary gym membership, access to the cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and full use of an employee assistance programme
5. Promotion and career development within a multi academy trust setting (Meller Educational Trust)
6. The opportunity to work in our double award winning £30 million building with excellent facilities
7. A full programme of wellbeing and social activities as part of our commitment as an Investors in People (Health and Wellbeing Award) employer
If you would like to join an oversubscribed, forward thinking academy with a strong vision, and a team of staff and students who share the commitment to its success and are ‘Proud to Belong’ then, we would welcome your application.
Please visit our website http://thebusheyacademy.org/recruitment/current-vacancies for a job description and application form. Your application form and letter of application should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: 9.00 am Monday 24th September 2018
Interviews: Friday 28th September 2018
The Bushey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.