We are a small but expanding MAT, our motto is ‘Stronger Together’. There are currently two schools in the Trust, Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, a highly successful all-inclusive boys’ school with a co-educational offer at Post 16, and the newly built Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls, that is already making huge strides in the education arena. The schools pride themselves on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. They are demanding yet rewarding schools where students and staff feel valued and supported.
We seek a professional who is passionate about their subject, welcoming and with a lot of personality. But most of all, we want someone who loves to see students succeed.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about practical work and highly skilled in their understanding of materials, equipment and processes. They will also be enthusiastic about working with young people, helping support the aims of the department in encouraging young women to access STEM education and careers. The post holder will be asked to supervise extra-curricular clubs or workshops as well as contribute to the pastoral life of the school.
Experience of working in a school environment would be beneficial as responsibilities will include preparation and support of practical lessons for Key Stage 3, and eventually 4 & 5.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
• A genuine passion for Science
• The ability to skilfully use a range of tools, equipment and machinery
• Previous experience of maintaining and adjusting a range of machinery and recording of checks
• The ability to support practical workshop sessions with supervision, practical instruction and demonstrations.
• The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys we can offer you:
· Opportunities for career progression
· Excellent professional development
· A contributory pension scheme
· Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
· Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
· An employee assistance programme
· Season ticket loans
· Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
· Excellent catering facilities
· Secure on-site parking
PolyMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable. All new trustees, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training on induction, which will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Suitable candidates will be interviewed promptly upon receipt of application. The closing date will be brought forward in the event that the post is filled.
To apply please go to our website . For further information, a confidential discussion or any other queries please contact Ms Ann Cherry, PolyMAT HR Manager at email@example.com
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 19 years
Woolwich Poly is located in Thamesmead, a thriving multi-cultural and diverse area in the London Borough of Greenwich, where around 65% of our students have English as an additional language; Ofsted noted our outstanding ethos and curriculum.”T...