This is an exciting opportunity to work in outstanding facilities at Ark Burlington Danes Academy in Hammersmith and Fulham. Ark Burlington Danes Academy is a non-selective, all-through comprehensive school. The academy opened in September 2006 and has made rapid progress to become a highly successful and over-subscribed local school. In its 2013 Ofsted inspection Burlington Danes was rated outstanding in every category. We truly believe that it is a great place to work.
We are now seeking a dedicated and experienced Science Technician who will support the delivery of science by providing practical day to day support. You will provide technical and learning assistance; and information in the classroom and across the school community in order to support students and staff. The Science Technician will assist with stock control, preparing teaching materials and setting up science practicals as well as ensuring that classrooms and display boards are up to date.
Our ideal candidates will:
• preferably have experience in a professional laboratory or a similar role in a school
• have Health and Safety training or experience
• be able to help implement the necessary routines and patterns to establish good behaviour management within the school
• be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses
• have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
In this role you will:
• play a key role in the evolution of Ark Burlington Danes Academy
• join the Ark network, with comprehensive career and professional development and a range of exclusive benefits.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend Ark Burlington Danes Academy and members of the local community, then we are keen to hear from you. To find out more about our school please visit http://burlingtondanes.org/. Visits to the academy before application submission are welcomed. Please contact Julia Morson on 0208 735 4972 or email Julia.email@example.com to arrange this.
Please submit applications by 11am on Wednesday 24th January 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, apply early to avoid disappointment.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.