CROXLEY DANES SCHOOL
Working pattern: 37 hours per week 5 INSET days plus 3 days holiday working
Mon – Thurs: 8.15am to 4.15pm Fri: 8.15am to 3.45pm with 30 minutes’ lunch (unpaid)
H3 Point 5: £19,312 + £898 fringe allowance FTE (pro rata)
Actual Salary including fringe allowance: £17,232.49 per annum
Start date: as soon as possible
We are seeking a Science Technician to join our team at Croxley Danes School.
We would like you to have:
• Experience of ICT (Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook).
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills, including English and Maths GCSE at grades A* to C
• Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and multi-task
• Sound knowledge and awareness of awareness of Health and Safety regulations, including COSHH.
• The ability to work to a high standard, be highly organised and work well as part of a team.
• The ability to be flexible and able to multitask, as you will be dealing with numerous tasks at the same time.
• A natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
• Previous experience as a Biology or Chemistry Science Lab Technician within a school/further education science department and be educated to a minimum A-level standard with a science related subject.
• Knowledge of school procedures, including safeguarding
• Experience of using the SIMs MIS package
We can offer:
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
• Please read the attached Appointment Brief before completing your application.
• To apply, complete the My New Term Application Form and submit this with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role and your motivation for making an application. Use the Supporting Statement on the Application Form to set out how your knowledge, experience and training meet the person specification.
• The vacancy closes on Monday 20th September at 9.00am, however, early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found.
• Interview date: Friday 24th September 2021.
• If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager on 07917 035962 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.croxleydanes.org.uk. / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green, Hertfordshire WD3 3LR
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07917 035962
Croxley Danes School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Thank you for your interest in Croxley Danes School.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Croxley Danes School as in September 2020, the school opened its brand new permanent accommodation at Baldwins Lane in Croxley Green, including a building...