Do you have experience working as a Science Technician?
Are you reliable and self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude to your work?
If so, why not consider Bushey Meads School as your next career move. We are looking to appoint a suitably experienced, highly efficient, enthusiastic and well organised person to join the school as a Science Technician. The successful applicant must have practical skills in all science disciplines and be conversant with current safety practices. They should work independently, as part of a team, show initiative and enthusiasm and most importantly must enjoy working with students. Experience of working in a similar role is desirable but the willingness to undertake suitable training is essential.
The successful candidate will have:
• Knowledge and experience of working within a science environment
• An ability to organise and prioritise your workload to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
• A flexible attitude and willingness to contribute constructively towards the team
Why choose our Trust?
• We offer support and training based on individual needs
• Transport links are excellent with the M1, M25, A1 and A41 being close by
• Heavily subsidised childcare at our Little Gems Nursery
• Free gym membership to all employees across the Bushey St James Trust
• Employee Assistance Programme for support and guidance on health, legal and personal matters
The post is for 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term-time + 1 week to include 5 INSET days. The salary for this post is APT&C points 6 - 9 plus London Fringe, paid pro-rata and based on experience. Full-time figures are £19,698pa - £20,903pa + £898pa fringe and the actual pro-rata salary range is £16,772pa - £17,798pa + £764pa fringe.
Full details of the vacancy can be found on our website www.busheymeads.org.uk along with further information about the school. Alternatively, please contact the HR team on 020 8955 8800.
To apply for this post please send in a completed application form along with a covering letter, addressed to Mr J Turner, Executive Principal. Your completed application form and letter should be returned to the school by post or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Please note that CVs and late applications will not be accepted and you must have the right to work in the UK.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 20th September 2021 (10am)
Bushey St James Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An offer of employment will be subject to a number of pe-employment checks including ID and Right to Work in the UK, satisfactory written references, occupational health check and a successful Enhanced DBS check.
Bushey Meads School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Bushey Meads School - ‘Aspire to Achieve’
Bushey Meads School is part of the highly successful Bushey St James Trust; a growing Multi Academy Trust in leafy Bushey, Hertfordshire. Transport links are good with the M1, M25, A1 and A41 being close by, ...