St. Aloysius’ College is a successful North Islington R.C. Comprehensive school based in Highgate. We take pride in our friendly and inclusive school community with its commitment to supporting pupils and staff in achieving their full potential.
We are looking to appoint a dedicated Science Technician to start immediately to assist with the general maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment of our Science department and provide support for staff and students.
Our ideal candidate will meet all or most of the following:
• actively contributing to the assessment, monitoring and review of both health & safety procedures and information resources
• keeping up to date with current procedures and practices through continuing professional development
• the provision of technical advice and support on health & safety issues to teaching and trainee technical staff
• the safe treatment and disposal of used materials including hazardous substances and responding to actual or potential hazards
• the healthy and safe storage and accessibility of equipment and materials
• to carry out health & Safety and risk assessments relating to laboratory work and apply COSHH regulations and assessments
• to support the team leader/senior technician in ensuring the availability of suitable materials and equipment, helping to compile orders and liasing or negotiating with suppliers and finance departments.
St. Aloysius’ College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
How to apply: An application form is attached and is also available via the school’s website http://www.sta.islington.sch.uk/. Please email your completed application to Debbie McDonagh at: firstname.lastname@example.org