Closing Date: 15th November 2017 11.30pm
Contract: Term Time Only
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum (negotiable dependant on experience)
Start Date: ASAP/January 2018
Do you want to work in an academy where “people just love coming to work”? (Investors in People GOLD 2014)
Located in the heart of Hackney, working in partnership with the local community and feeder schools within in the borough, The Petchey Academy has been awarded a Good rating by Ofsted with an Outstanding for Leadership and Management. The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD.
Science at The Petchey Academy has a very high profile and forms a key part of the Academy’s specialism of Health Care and Medical Science. Biology, Chemistry and Physics are all very popular choices for students at Key Stage 4 and 5 including the Access to Medicine pathway in Sixth Form (University Gateway). The Science subject area also enjoys strong links with local primary schools and universities and benefits from a Clinical Skills Lab in partnership with UEL.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Enjoy an inspiring new building
· Enjoy state of art ICT facilities
· Support the development of an exciting new Sixth Form (University Gateway)
· Be a part of an enthusiastic, dynamic and dedicated team of teachers and support staff.
The successful candidate will:
· The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
· Be interested in taking on some additional responsibility
· Enjoy working in a challenging but highly rewarding environment
· Be educated to at least A Level in the sciences (desirable) or have demonstrably equivalent industrial or school laboratory experience
· Able to prepare experiments in line with Health and Safety guidelines and support class practical demonstrations
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!” If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you. .
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page (Please note we do not accept CVs, the application form should be fully completed)