KAA is a growing 11-18 academy. In our first three years we have built a school which has the very highest standards, both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. We now have 720 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, and 200 in Y12 & 13. Our school is heavily oversubscribed at both Year 7 and Sixth Form.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, former HMCI, who wrote “the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students.” We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
We are currently seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Science Technician to join our growing academy.
We are looking for a science technician to play a key part in the science department over the coming years. Their main responsibilities will involve managing the preparation and clearing of equipment for practical science each week; managing a fully stocked science prep room, including the maintenance and monitoring of science equipment and resources and keeping the department health and safety policy up to date.
The science technician will be someone who will have:
• experience of secondary school science, preferably with experience as a laboratory technician
• experience of A Level chemistry practical work and, preferably, A Level physics & biology
• experience preparing hazardous chemicals and bio hazardous materials for school laboratory use
• a high level of drive and motivation
• excellent organisational and inter-personal skills.
The science technician will be responsible to the Principal in all matters, and is responsible to the Director of Science as Line Manager who will allocate and supervise the work of the post holder.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Science to undertake duties in support of teaching staff within the science department.
- Management of the preparation of materials and equipment for science lessons
- Managing the maintenance of science laboratories and preparation rooms and their equipment and services.
- Management of stocks of science materials, chemicals and equipment.
- To advise teaching staff regarding the technical requirements of the curriculum.
Deadline: Apply by 9 am Wednesday 3rd January 2018
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/eh8N7EiLSyU6BIuE2
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.