Actual salary: £24,399 per annum
Part Time, Permanent
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
We are looking for a reliable, friendly and professional Science Technician to deliver a first class technical support service to the Academy Science Department in the organisation and delivery of the Science Curriculum in the school. Within this role, you will assist the teaching staff in the teaching of all science subjects across Key Stages 3 and 4 as appropriate.
This is an exciting time to join Sir Herbert Leon Academy. After our recent Ofsted visit we have moved to Requires Improvement with ’Good’ for Leadership & Management, Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare and Post 16. With our ‘broad and balanced’ curriculum as well as ‘pupils behaving well in lessons, break and lunchtimes’ being recognised by Ofsted, Sir Herbert Leon Academy is very much a school on its way to ‘Good’. With a new, passionate Principal in post from September 2020, you will be joining an outstanding team who are focused on success for their students. You will be welcomed from your first day at Sir Herbert Leon and supported throughout your career with us.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Monday 12 April 2021
Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CVs. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the 'Quick Apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
Sir Herbert Leon Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
At Sir Herbert Leon Academy we care about and are totally committed to each and every student’s academic success, personal well-being and preparation for the future. We are proud to be an inclusive community school which welcomes all cultures, faiths...