Ark Putney Academy Science Technician
Required as soon as possible
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a ‘good’ school.
Reporting to: Head of Department
Location: Ark Putney Academy
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 36 hours, 42 weeks per year (term time only)
Salary: Ark Support Scale 7: Pay Points 27 – 30, £28,489-£31,209 pro rata. The actual starting salary for the post is £26,776.10
As a Science Technician, you will support teachers in delivering high quality practical work, inspiring students and enabling them to develop a deeper understanding of science. You will also maintain excellent standards of Health and Safety in all areas of the department.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Support teachers when planning and carrying out practical work, highlighting any health and safety causes for concern, following CLEAPSS guidelines
• Prepare and trail practical resources as per department schemes of work
• Prioritise practical requisitions, delivering, setting up and clearing away practicals
• Provide technical, safety and learning assistance in lessons, supporting students and staff
• Ensure all equipment are properly repaired, maintained and stored
• Ensure the labs and safety equipment are properly maintained
We are very happy to talk about the post informally if you require more information.
If you share in our commitment to excellence, we want to hear from you. For information about the school, please go to www.arkputney.org
Visits to the academy before application submission are welcomed. Please contact Julie Gray on 0208 394 5615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
Please complete your online application form by 11am on Friday 26 April 2019.
If you have any technical issues please contact the recruitment team on 0203 116 6345 or email email@example.com
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service ch