Academy: Leeds East Academy
Job Title: Seclusion Manager
Grade: SO1 P23 - 25 £28,449. Pro Rata £25,692. TTO + 15 Days.
Accountable to: Pastoral Leader KS4/Seclusion
Leeds East Academy is a diverse and vibrant school community which has recently been judged as ‘Good’ across all areas of the Ofsted framework. In the Ofsted report inspectors commented; 'Leaders' aspirations for the school are high. They are determined that all of their pupils, regardless of background, will achieve as highly as possible. Leaders have created an ambitious and optimistic culture across the school'. Over the last 3 years three years the school has been on a rapid journey of improvement securing a progress 8 score in 2018 in line with the national average. Housed within a state-of-the-art new school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area. Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic world-class establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining one of the most productive, supportive and talented leadership teams in the country.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to be part of a team dedicated to improving outcomes, aspirations and life chances of our young people.
To administrate and supervise the day to day running of the Seclusion Unit and co-ordinate work from relevant subject areas. Reporting to the Pastoral Leader for KS4 and Seclusion, you will engage students and will be the sole supervisor of Seclusion so the ability to work alone is essential, you will also support the behaviour modification of students in conjunction with Pastoral Team members.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· The daily management of Seclusion, including the environment, administration, communications and relevant resources.
· To provide continuous supervision of the students within Seclusion ensuring that they work productively and safely.
· To encourage students to reflect on their behaviour and to accept responsibility for their actions, facilitating restorative practice opportunities with stakeholders affected by their actions. To be an advocate for restorative practice to students, staff and families to resolve issues and improve behaviours.
· To log behaviour incidents on data systems, complete a daily behaviour log and contribute to a half termly behaviour report.
· To liaise with subject teachers and curriculum leaders when appropriate, gaining key information about units of work in order to provide work that is age and ability appropriate for students in Seclusion.
· To ensure that Seclusion procedures are adhered to and that the room is well maintained, neat and tidy.
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared the goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation.
We benefit hugely from our sponsor, The Luminate Education Group, which is one of the largest and most successful FE/HE College Groups in the UK. Our sponsor provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our Academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly Outstanding Trust.
As a Trust, we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust through our membership of the GORSE SCITT and via accessing the Stephen Longfellow Academy Provision.
Closing Date: 16th July 2019 - 12.00 pm
Shortlisting Date: W/C 16th July 2019
Interview Date: 22nd July and 23rd July 2019
Start Date: September 2019 / Asap
For more information, please visit our website at www.leedseastacademy.org.uk . To apply, please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 16th July 2019 at 12.00pm. Please note we are unable to accept CV’s.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.