Second in Charge of Science
Closing date: 28th October 2019
Oasis Academy Arena
Date posted: 10th October 2019
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: M1-UP3 Outer London (£27,596 - £43,348) pa plus TLR2b
Contract term: Permanent
About our school and the role on offer:
Do you believe that all children, regardless or background or starting point, deserve a high quality education? Do you believe that excellent teaching can transform lives and communities? Are you passionate and committed to supporting young people to reach their full potential?
If you are, then Oasis Academy Arena is the school for you! We have a rigorous, academic curriculum offer and believe in the holistic development of all of our students, so that they can go on to be the best that they can be, and we can transform the lives of our students and improve the community in which we are based.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher to join our team as a Second in Charge of Science. This will involve you working alongside our committed staff in the Science department to further develop the provision on offer for our students. Furthermore, there are many opportunities to work alongside other schools with Oasis Community Learning and share good practice.
Why you’ll want to join us:
• You'll be part of a friendly team which has worked together for several years
• You'll have access to shared resources available for curriculum at every key stage.
• We are engaged with current developments in curriculum and pedagogy.
• There is a real opportunity to make an impact.
• You’ll receive genuine support and CPD to develop you and open up career opportunities in the Oasis Community and beyond.
• You’ll be part of a team that believes every child should go to a great school as we work tirelessly to provide the children with an outstanding education.
• You understand education is not solely about excellent examination results but includes much more than that.
• You’ll have supportive management who are committed to improving teacher’s work-life balance.
• You’ll have access to a free confidential counselling service for the times in your life when you need a little extra support.
• You can access free eye tests
• Access to a funded Gym on site
Community is key:
Oasis Academy Arena is part of the Oasis Community, we strongly believe in investing in local communities to bring about positive change. As part of the Ashburton Hub alongside Oasis Academy Ryelands and Oasis Shirley Park we strive to communicate well, share ideas and support our local community, as best we can. To find out more about our Academy please visit our website.
Where we are:
We are a 2 minute walk from Arena Tram station with East Croydon & Norwood Junction BR stations within easy reach.
What we are looking for:
• You are an outstanding teacher ready to become an accredited Lead Practitioner or are a Lead Practitioner with experience of supporting students and colleagues to reach their highest potential.
• You are as committed to assisting others to learn as the day you decided to become a teacher.
• You will have experience of working with a diverse group of students and teams.
• You will share our commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. Visit our website for more information.
About Oasis Community Learning:
Our vision is for community – a place where everyone is included making a contribution and reaching their God-given potential. This informs our ethos and our nine habits which shape behaviour throughout our academy. We are fully inclusive and welcome applications from all, all we ask is that you are committed to our vision of community, our ethos and our habits.
To apply for this role complete the online application form and send it to Terry.Montaque@oasisryelands.org or Recruitment@oasisarena.org . If you would like to discuss this role or visit the school before submitting your application please contact Lynn Nunn on: 0208 240 6700 or email email@example.com. to arrange an appointment with Mr Raymond Principal
We will be inviting applicants to interview as suitable applications are received, therefore if you are interested in this role do not wait until the closing date to apply as the recruitment campaign may be closed early.
Monday 28th October 2019 at 11am.
Oasis Community Learning is and equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Safeguarding: We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We have management practices in place which maintain the safety of those we serve. You are expected to share this commitment, openly take part in the management practices and undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
We kindly request recruitment or media agencies do not contact us regarding this role.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role’ We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos. Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment. Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529.