SECOND IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
Main or Upper Pay Scale (including London Fringe Allowance) plus either TLR 2(b) £4,942 or TLR 2(c) £7,016 depending on experience
Required for January
What are we looking for?
• An inspiring and motivational Second in Department who can enthuse and engage students to achieve their full potential and build on the very high standards of this successful department which has a national reputation for excellence
• A committed individual who wishes to add to the success of the Computer Science department by implementing their own ideas and strategies and embrace creativity, innovation and the very best practice in teaching
What can we offer you?
• A commitment to continuing professional development
• Support for teachers wishing to complete a Masters in Education
• Accelerated pay progression for exceptional teachers
• Opportunity to teach to A-level
• A commitment to providing teachers with excellent resources, clerical support, LSA support and a disciplined environment
• A Computer Science department which is held in high regard by pupils and parents
• 50 students taking GCSE; 7 taking A-level; 90 taking iMedia
• We are an 11 – 18, co-educational, friendly and heavily over-subscribed all ability Academy with high standards and high expectations
• We moved into our brand new £30m school adjacent to the previous school in April 2021
• Situated just north of the M25 close to the train station with a fast service to London and Cambridge
• “You are ambitious for pupils and have high expectations of them. Consequently, you do your utmost to ensure that all pupils are well supported to meet the challenging targets you set” (Ofsted November 2017)
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects anyone applying to work in our school to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring service.
The Broxbourne School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The aim of the school is to raise pupils' expectations and standards of achievement in a secure and supportive environment. At Broxbourne we try to engage and involve all pupils, to enable all pupils to achieve up to and beyond their potential,...