Q3 is a highly successful, oversubscribed Academy located in Great Barr, committed to raising achievement and curriculum innovation. Our GCSE headline results continue to be among the best in Sandwell, and this success is underpinned by a relentless focus on raising standards, developing the whole child and improving the quality of teaching and learning.
Due to internal promotion, we are seeking a self-motivated, creative and inspiring teacher who has experience in curriculum planning in Science across Key Stages 3-5. You will be an outstanding teacher who is passionate about Science and able to inspire and motivate students to learn, along with leading other teachers in the delivery of an engaging curriculum. You will join an enthusiastic and hardworking team and be willing to contribute to continual developments in the department.
There will be opportunity to act as Head of Department, due to maternity leave, for the right candidate.
The Academy is looking for someone who has:
• Excellent subject knowledge in Science;
• A track record of outstanding results at Key Stages 4 and 5;
• The ability to understand and work with assessment data to monitor and intervene as appropriate with student cohorts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Working with the Head of Science to lead and manage others teaching Science so they are supported and recognised for their strengths and contributions;
• Developing and reviewing suitable curriculum for study across all Key Stages;
• Conveying enthusiasm and commitment about teaching and learning, whilst always seeking out opportunities to improve;
• Creating a positive ethos for the department which contributes to the enrichment of students’ experiences, and rewards their efforts;
• Teaching Science across all Key Stages;
• Being a Form Tutor.
Q3 Academy offers excellent CPD and career opportunities for staff at every stage of their career.
Details of this post are also available by visiting our website at www.q3academy.org.uk
Please click 'Apply Now' and once fully completed, please submit your application.
CVs alone are not accepted unless you have a disability that makes it difficult to complete an application form.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement of this role.
Please note that you may be contacted via e-mail throughout the recruitment process, so please check your e-mails regularly.
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 28 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS), satisfactory employment references, identification and qualification checks, which will be required prior to commencing duties to establish the suitability of the candidate.