James Calvert Spence College is situated in a beautiful coastal town in Northumberland and is a 9-19 through school, catering for students from Year 5 to Year 13. We are within easy reach of urban Tyneside and beyond, with many staff travelling with ease in the opposite direction to the rush hour traffic from Newcastle, Gateshead and Sunderland areas.
JCSC and the English department have improved considerably over the last few years and we are determined to secure future improvement through expanding the leadership in this core department. This position has been created to support our Director of English, whose team of specialist teachers deliver English teaching to years 7-13. All students study English language and literature at GCSE and we offer both language and literature courses at A-level.
You will take on the leadership and development of a key stage, or major initiative within the English department – the exact responsibility will be agreed upon your successful appointment.
The pupils and staff are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual who wants to work as part of a team to drive learning forward, and it is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding teacher of English to develop into an outstanding leader of English.
This is an exciting time to join JCSC as we continue our journey towards excellence and look to build upon much improved GCSE and A-Level outcomes in 2017. Staff and governors are fully committed to promoting equal opportunity and an outstanding educational experience for all students.
- Be a strong classroom practitioner, looking to make a positive career move in a unique environment
- Be a positive role model
- Have high expectations of yourself and others
- Be someone with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Be passionate about improving the life chances of our students
We can offer you:
- Excellent opportunities for professional development, including in-house leadership training delivered by our Assistant Headteacher
- A well-resourced curriculum
- Hardworking and well behaved pupils who are willing to learn
- A supportive, hardworking team of specialist English teachers
- A friendly and supportive working environment with a dedicated whole staff team
Should you wish to informally discuss these positions further or would like to visit the college, please contact Mrs Carole Hutchinson (01665 710636, Ext 204, email@example.com) to arrange.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Friday 20 April with interviews planned to take place the following week.
No agencies please