Second in English (Key Stage 2 Lead)
Permanent, part time (Monday to Friday am only, alternate Tuesdays full day)
Required for January 2019
Scissett Middle is a thriving; over-subscribed and highly successful school catering for pupils between the ages of 10 and 13. Teachers at Scissett Middle School can really teach as pupils have outstanding behaviours for Learning. We encourage our staff to take risks and enjoy teaching as we believe this leads to exceptional progress and strong relationships.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic primary English teacher who wants to inspire a love of learning in our young people and lead a team of highly committed individuals to ensure our pupils are literate and have a love of reading in Year 6. You may be someone who has had leadership experience already or someone who is new to leadership and has the vision and commitment to become a strong leader prepared to make a real difference.
This is a unique leadership opportunity for someone to develop a strong understanding of the journey from KS2 to KS3 working alongside experienced Primary and Secondary teachers.
· Be able to articulate a vision, inspire and enthuse staff.
· Organised and committed.
· Have a strong moral purpose which puts pupils at the centre of everything.
· Have a good understanding of the Year 6 framework for English.
· Believe in high achievement for all pupils
We can offer:
· Pupils with outstanding behaviour and a passion to learn
· Expertise in KS3 English
· A focussed and committed team to work with
· A school which prioritises well-being for pupils and staff.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
All completed applications should be made through TES by 1pm on Monday 22 October 2018. Interviews will take place on Friday 26th October 2018.