Inspire their Remarkable
Second in Maths
Our 2019 Maths results were amazing with 76% students achieving 4+ and 49% achieving 5+ making New Rickstones the most improved school in the county for both 4+ and 5+ in English and Maths. We have a strong and experienced maths team led expertly by the Head of Maths who, due to expansion, now seeks an equally passionate and driven Second in Maths.
New Rickstones Academy is graded ‘Good’ and has a state of the art new building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff. We have a committed and ambitious team which includes colleagues from Future Leaders, and have been very successful at developing teachers and leaders with progression both within and beyond the academy.
All colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.
If you are driven to lead and develop a department then we want to hear from you! We actively welcome applications from teachers looking for their first leadership position, as well as from experienced colleagues looking to develop their career further.
We are looking for:
- A proven record of raising and maintaining standards.
- Vision, drive and flair as you join our supportive and forward thinking team of Middle Leaders.
- The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
- A commitment to further developing you as a future leader through access to the school network of our sponsor Academies Enterprise Trust.
- To be part of an academy moving forward at pace.
- A highly committed staff team developing and driving a culture of high expectations and no excuses
- A mentorship programme to develop you as a future Leader.
Although this role is based at New Rickstones Academy, you may be required to teach at our at our sister academy, Maltings Academy (also in Witham) as we have a joint Sixth Form provision - all new staff contracts are to work across both academies.
Visits to the academy are welcomed. For an informal discussion about the post, and to arrange a visit please contact Hannah Gracie, Head of Maths on 01376 515 756 / email@example.com
Closing date: 4 October 2019
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Find your remarkable, apply today, click on the 'Quick Apply' button. In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.