Second in charge of Social Sciences.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive academy, based in Cambridgeshire. The school is looking to add a second in charge of Social Sciences to its progressive and supportive Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include coordinating and co-managing the delivery of Social Science: Health and Social Care and Psychology at GCSE and A-level across year groups 11 to 13. You will support the Head of Social Sciences to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly effective Second in Social Science. The specific role will be determined according to the individual strengths of the appointed candidate and this role is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to progress their career. We welcome applicants from all Social Science disciplines but the ability to teach Psychology and Health and Social Care is desirable.
We offer Psychology, Criminology, Sociology, Government and Politics in the 6th form as well as Health and Social Care at Key Stage 4. The uptake of these subjects especially Psychology and Criminology is high at Hinchingbrooke.
The successful candidate will be a team player, who will instil a passion for their subject through high-quality learning and teaching and have proven success in teaching and learning at Key Stage 5. The school offers a bespoke CPD programme, research and development, links and networks with other outstanding schools as well as a plethora of extra-curricular and cross-curricular working opportunities.”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Social Sciences Degree or a related subject
• experience delivering Social Sciences up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience supporting your existing Head of Department to enhance overall results at departmental level
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1419089 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1419089 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...