Secondary Art & Photography Teacher
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking a Secondary Art & Photography Teacher to join our excellent Arts department. As a relatively young department, our expectation is that the successful candidate will develop and grow with the department to help it to become a leading area of school life.
We are looking for an experienced and well qualified teacher of art and design whose specialism lies in photography. You should be able to teach art, film-based and digital photography, film and animation from KS3 to A level and you should be familiar with Adobe Photoshop. There will be opportunities to work with other subject areas to ensure that art and design and photography enhance creativity and innovation throughout the school.
The department is superbly resourced, with professional facilities for printmaking, photography, ceramics and textiles, and purpose built classrooms to encourage and display students’ creativity. As such, this position represents a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join a creative and innovative environment. You will be a part of and be supported by a successful and highly creative faculty with exacting standards.
When you join the Kings’ family, you will become part of a strategically connected group of schools, one of which is the only school in Dubai to be rated outstanding 10 years running. Working in Dubai is a fast-paced and rewarding experience, however, it is a demanding and rigorous working environment which requires committed and motivated professionals. As such, we seek teachers who understand that their role extends far beyond the classroom.
As part of our drive for excellence, Kings’ has committed to the John Hattie Visible Learning programme and is the only school in the Middle East working directly with the Visible Learning group. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Art and Design/Photography, or similar, as the sole or significant focus
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching photography at Secondary level (including A level) preferably within the UK or in English curriculum schools
- An ability to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A willingness to connect to the wider school community and desire to lead extra-curricular activities
- A commitment to the well-being and pastoral care of all students within their care
- The ability to adapt quickly to our fast-paced international, multicultural environment (experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage though not essential).
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through attached HR application form through the TES portal.
Closing date for applications is 24th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and we reserve the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the final submission date.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2021 and will be required to participate in a thorough programme of induction.
Kings' School Al Barsha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years