Secondary Art teacher:
This position will include a combination of IB Diploma Visual Arts and Cambridge IGCSE Art & Design courses, as well as lower secondary Art using the unique YCIS curriculum framework. The successful candidate will also supervise our part-time Primary art teacher. For a candidate with leadership experience, additional leadership opportunities here for next year could also be discussed. Please refer to the secondary teacher job description for further details.
A chance to be a part of a growing school in the beautiful coastal city of Qingdao in China. YCIS Qingdao is part of the YCIS group with over 6000 international students with schools in Shanghai, Chongqing, Beijing, Hong Kong and the USA.
YCIS Qingdao is accredited by Council of International School (CIS). YCIS Qingdao is also authorized as an International Baccalaureate World School (IBDP).
For more information on our school, click on the website link for a short video: https://youtu.be/ebBRHL4SVxE and please visit our website www.ycis-qd.com
Start date: Aug 2021
Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area, Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Education in relevant subject, at least 2 years teaching experience as a qualified teacher. Teachers need to be supportive of Christian values and committed to lifelong learning.
- Gross annual salary (before tax and deductions) of a newly qualified teacher with no management responsibilities (new arrival) is around USD51,000.00 (RMB350,000.00 )
- Gross annual salary (before tax and deductions) of a teacher with no management responsibilities at top of the pay scale is around USD92,000.00 (RMB650,000.00)
- For teachers new to YCIS the maximum entry-level is around USD82,000.00 (RMB580,000.00)
- Approximate tax and deductions is 25%.
Yearly Flight allowance, Relocation allowance at the start of placement, 100% Discount on School Fees for Staff Children, Accommodation, 720 US(RMB5000) annual PD Fund, International Medical Insurance. Chinese Language lessons are provided after school.
Qingdao is different than many cities in China, it’s on the coast and will challenge any stereotype about a “city in China” you have: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Ne2c2oyU0
If you are interested in this position. Please reply to this email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, referee contact information and cover letter.
Yew Chung International School of Qingdao
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years