The British School Yangon (BSY) is one of the leading international schools in Yangon offering contemporary British international education to students from Pre-Nursery through to Secondary.
The school is located close to Inya Lake on the Yangon-Insein Road, and offers modern, smart interior and exterior learning environments. BSY is a member of Nord Anglia Education offering numerous opportunities for professional growth.
BSY seeks an exceptional, well-qualified and experienced art teacher to join the Creative Arts Faculty as the school begins its (I)GCSE programme in August 2018. NQTs are also encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a dynamic and creative approach to teaching, have experience of teaching art across Key Stages 3 & 4 and have the necessary skills and vision to enhance teaching and learning within the department. Experience of teaching KS5, and particularly the IBDP would be advantageous.
Candidates should also illustrate a capacity to help students achieve their absolute best as part of a team and a willingness to contribute to the thriving extra-curricular life of our school.
We are seeking a professional who:
- Is UK-trained or has relevant UK curriculum experience.
- Enjoys a professionally-stimulating environment.
- Promotes a well organised and inspiring learning environment.
- Offers enthusiasm and demonstrates a positive approach to students.
- Is comfortable integrating technology into all teaching practices.
- Is committed to constant improvement in all aspects of school life.
- Is reflective and continually strives to improve performance.
- Understands the value of consistent application of school policies.
We will provide:
- An competitive salary and retention bonus.
- Annual travel allowance.
- International worldwide medical cover.
- Up to two full school scholarships.
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
- Opportunities for promotion and development both within the school and the wider global network of Nord Anglia Education.
If the opportunity to work in a progressive school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
Applications must be submitted via the link below and interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates in Yangon/by Skype for applicants based overseas.
The British Schools Foundation (BSF) and all BSF schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with past employers, and an enhanced DBS.