Secondary Biology Teacher
Due to continued expansion and growth Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking a Secondary Biology Teacher to join our Science department. The department has already established itself as a central part of school life and has quickly gained a reputation for academic excellence, with parents and students alike viewing science as a desirable career pathway.
The department is superbly resourced with purpose built laboratories to encourage and facilitate student enquiry and research. As such, this is a superb opportunity for aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teachers to join a creative and innovative environment. You will join and be supported by a successful and highly creative faculty with exacting standards.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Biology or science as the sole or significant focus
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent, both newly qualified and experienced teachers will be considered
- Experience of teaching GCSE and A-Level
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the well being and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES portal.
Closing date for applications is 7th February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and we reserve the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the final submission date.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2021 and will be required to participate in a thorough programme of induction.
Kings' School Al Barsha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years