Outstanding Secondary Teacher of Computing Science
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking an outstanding Computing Science teacher to join our successful and expanding department. The department is currently in its fourth year having achieved strong academic results for GCSE last year, including the highest GCSE grade in the Middle East and now delivering A-Level courses. The department falls under our ‘Practical Sciences’ faculty, consisting of Design Technology, Economics/Business and IT. The faculty has a strong focus on innovation and our goal to connect our students practically with real-world industry experiences to help them apply, extend and challenge their skills.
The department is fully resourced on both Mac and Windows suites and have recently invested in Virtual Reality headsets to compliment students’ learning. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will develop and grow with the department, help students to achieve excellent academic results whilst connecting them practically with the wider world of technology and design in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
This position represents a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join a new, ambitious and innovative team, where you will be able to play a leading role in driving both the direction of the department and opportunities for innovation and entrepreneurship across the curriculum. As such, we are seeking a professional who is able to not only ensure high academic standards, but also who can drive wider initiatives both in and outside of the confines of the classroom.
When you join the Kings’ family, you will become part of a strategically connected group of schools, one of which is the only school in Dubai to be rated outstanding 10 years running. Working in Dubai is a fast-paced and rewarding experience, however, it is a demanding and rigorous working environment which requires committed and motivated professionals. As such we seek teachers who understand that their role extends far beyond the classroom.
As part of our drive for excellence Kings’ has committed to the John Hattie Visible Learning programme and is the only school in the Middle East working directly with the Visible Learning group. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree in Computing Science or a closely related degree
- An outstanding teacher, with a minimum of 3 years experience of teaching GCSE and A-Level (Though IB Diploma experience is also valuable)
- Experience with Robotics, coding(Java, Python, Scratch) and/or STEM projects will be looked upon favourably
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- The ability to adapt quickly to our fast-paced international, multicultural environment (Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage though not essential)
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES application form. Please note only those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: 16 January 2020
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2020 and will be invited to participate in a thorough induction programme.