The International School of Moscow (ISM) seeks a suitably-experienced, creative and dynamic leader of the highest quality to become our new Secondary Deputy Head – Academic.
The successful candidate will ensure that the very highest quality of education is delivered across our Secondary School.
Ideally, they will already have extensive experience of being a successful Head of Department. The Deputy Head – Academic will coordinate and line manage Heads of Department across the Secondary School, deliver structured and purposeful academic mentoring and intervention programmes, organise our options programmes and plan, prepare and write the school timetable. The successful candidate will also serve as one of our Designated Child Protection Officers.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with a proven track record of success across all Secondary Key Stages. The Deputy Head - Academic is a key member of our Secondary School Senior Management Team and will need to demonstrate a commitment to school improvement, both strategic and operational, and will be willing to commit fully to the extended life of our school.
We are seeking a professional who:
● Is UK-trained or has relevant UK curriculum experience.
● Enjoys a professionally-stimulating environment.
● Promotes a well organised and inspiring learning environment.
● Offers enthusiasm and demonstrates a positive approach to students.
● Is comfortable integrating technology into all teaching practices.
● Is committed to constant improvement in all aspects of school life.
● Is reflective and continually strives to improve performance.
● Understands the value of consistent application of school policies.
We will provide:
● An excellent salary and retention bonus.
● Annual travel allowance.
● International worldwide medical cover.
● Up to two full school scholarships.
● A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
● The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
● Opportunities for promotion and development both within the school and the wider global network of Nord Anglia Education.
If the opportunity to work in a progressive school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
Applications must be submitted via the link below.
ISM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening. This will involve us checking with current / past employers and seeking references from them. You will also be required to provide us with an Enhanced DBS.
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium schools organisation, with campuses located across 28 countries around the world. Together, our 61 schools educate more than 61,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary / high school. We are driven by one unifying philosophy: we are ambitious for our schools, students, teachers, staff and communities, and we inspire every child who attends a Nord Anglia Education school to achieve more than they ever imagined possible.