The post of Secondary Deputy Headteacher is a key leadership role within the school, which combines whole-school responsibilities with specific pastoral and academic responsibility for a Key Stage and line management of a cluster of subjects. There will also be other areas of whole school responsibility assigned to this role. It will include a minimal teaching requirement.
· The academic, pastoral and extracurricular leadership of a Key Stage.
· Leadership of a cluster of subject areas.
· Lead an area of whole school responsibility
· Member of the Academic Strategy Group
· Member of Whole-School Strategic Planning Group
JESS was established in 1975 one of the leading schools in the Middle East. Unlike many schools in Dubai, it is a not-for-profit school.
The secondary school is situated in Arabian Ranches, which is on one of the premier residential communities in Dubai. There are 880 pupils in the school, of whom 200 are in the Sixth Form. The School also has two Primary Schools JESS Jumeirah (700 pupils FS1 to Year 6) and JESS Arabian Ranches Primary (533 pupils).
JESS follows a UK curriculum to GCSE, and teaches the International Baccalaureate in the Sixth Form, where it has world class IB results.
JESS is a member of the Headmasters’ and Headmistresses’ Conference (HMC).
· Competitive Salary
· School Accommodation 1st year / Generous Accommodation Allowance
· Medical Insurance for self and family
· Relocation Allowance (If joining JESS from outside the UAE)
· 75% School Fee Discount (for up to two children)
· End-of-service Gratuity
Applicants must complete the following documents:-
1. Completed JESS application form
3. Letter of application outlining suitability for the position.
Documents to be e-mailed to Mr Mark Steed, Director - email@example.com