The Education Bureau (EDB) of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region cordially invites you to apply for the positions of English language teachers in public-sector primary and secondary schools in Hong Kong.
The positions are required to teach English as a second language to Hong Kong students and assist in teacher and curriculum development in public-sector primary schools (for students aged between 6 and 12), secondary schools (for students aged between 12 and 18) and schools for students with Special Educational Needs (SEN). Details of the Scheme are available from the EDB website: http://www.edb.gov.hk/NET
QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT
Applicants should have the ability to use English fluently and spontaneously, to give grammatically accurate responses in communication and to write or speak creatively. They should fulfill the following qualification requirements under respective Schemes. For more information and download of application forms, please visit the following webpages:
(A) Primary school positions: http://www.edb.gov.hk/pnet
(B) Secondary school positions: http://www.edb.gov.hk/snet
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment will be on a two-year contract basis normally from 16 August 2018 to 15 August 2020, subject to renewal after expiry
- Salary from HK$28,865- HK$67,065 (£2,765 - £6,425*) per month (Secondary)
- End of contract gratuity for satisfactory performance and conduct
- Cash retention incentive for satisfactory completion of continuous service from the third year onwards
- Passage, baggage, medical allowances and a special allowance of HK$20,989 (£2,010*) per month are provided for appointees whose normal place of residence is established to be outside Hong Kong and if he/she or his/her spouse is not receiving any similar benefits
- The salary and the terms and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the candidate’s qualifications and post-qualification teaching experience and the prevailing conditions at the time the offer of appointment is made.
*GBP 1 = HK$ 10.44 (subject to fluctuations)
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview and written test in person. Interviews will be held in February 2018 in London.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants who choose U.K. as the interview venue please apply through Prime Recruitment International, EDB’s recruitment agent in U.K., on or before 26 January 2018. An advisor will contact you with full application information.
Prime Recruitment’s webpage: https://primerecruitment.org.uk/country/hong-kong/
Email enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +44 1904 707953