Secondary English Teacher
$46, 117 - $66, 287 AUD - Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
September 2021 start (beginning of the academic year)
Smart Teachers is recruiting on behalf of an academy the Yorkshire region and welcomes Australian and New Zealand trained teachers to apply for a Secondary English Teacher position.
Secondary English Teacher required to join a co-educational academy in the Yorkshire region. The school is seeking an English specialist with the ability to teach Years 7 - 11. The school offers a highly supportive department and leadership team to aid in curriculum development, with freedom to design units of work and cater lessons according to the needs of the students.
A large multi-site co-educational academy, located in Yorkshire, UK. The school provides a friendly stimulating environment for approximately 2000 students across the two sites. With a focus on pupil wellbeing, personalised curriculum offer and academic progress. Pupils are supported and encouraged to achieve their full potential. The school is committed to improvement and development and strive to achieve an 'outstanding' Ofstead status.
The school boasts gorgeous historical buildings and grounds and is located close to public transport.
To be considered for the Secondary English Teacher position, you will:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Graduate Teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visas or eligible to apply - you can check here - https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa)
- Recent classroom-based references
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
- As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Secondary English Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across the UK, please either email or call Karla at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3112 8566
Please note only suitable applicants will be contacted.
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
- Supply agency