Due to unforeseen circumstances we find ourselves in need of a Secondary French teacher, starting in January 2021.
The Scandinavian School is a non-profit association dedicated to teaching each individual student through Swedish pedagogy. The school has offered Primary education in English since 2005. The Secondary school opened in 2013 and in June 2021, our first KS5 students will graduate after completing their A Levels.
The school itself is small and dynamic and has undergone an extensive development programme in recent years. We follow the International Cambridge programme and offer a range of ICGSEs and A Levels at KS4 and 5. We are authorised by regional authorities following inspection by NABSS and certification by the British Council. We also have accreditation from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
We seek to employ an outstanding Teacher of French to teach KS3 and IGCSE, with the scope to potentially teach A Level in future years. This is a great opportunity for a colleague to join the school and help drive standards whilst developing the modern language department in the Secondary department.
The ideal candidate should be:
- highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner;
- enthusiastic, energetic and committed to supporting children of all abilities;
- able to exercise professional leadership to ensure high quality teaching skills;
- able to work within a close-knit, supportive team;
- committed to raising standards of learning;
- self motivated;
- in possession of good organisation and interpersonal skills;
- passionate about different languages and cultures.
All applicants must:
- have a teaching qualification;
- have at least three years' experience teaching French up to IGCSE level. A Level experience is a strong advantage;
- have recent experience from a UK school or an overseas school following the International Cambridge Secondary programme or British National Curriculum;
- be eligible to live and work in Spain.
In return, The Scandinavian School of Madrid offers a welcoming and supportive working environment and the successful candidate will benefit from generous planning time, as well as the freedom to develop their own curriculum in line with the Cambridge syllabus.
If you welcome the opportunity of working with us, please send your CV plus two referees to the Head of School, Jenny Dettmann (email@example.com), and Head of the International Secondary section, Robert Stott (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information, please visit our school website: http://www.escandinavo.com.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School