The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL) seeks an exceptional, creative, well-qualified and experienced Head of History. The post would suit an experienced teacher with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and a strong desire to be involved with the wider aspects of department and school life. We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic leader with high professional standards both within the core curriculum and in the extra-curricular activities and events.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a dynamic vision and creative approach to the teaching of History and have the necessary skills and experiences to lead a successful and thriving department, ensuring our outstanding academic standards are maintained and raised.
Candidates should also illustrate a capacity to help students to achieve their potential, have a proactive commitment to the pastoral care and wellbeing of our learners, and a willingness to contribute to the thriving extra-curricular life of our school.
At BSKL, our students are motivated, committed and love learning in our state of the art facilities. Our staff are passionate and outstanding teaching professionals, and we are committed to providing excellent and ongoing CPD opportunities.
We are seeking a professional who:
- Is UK-trained (PGCE or equivalent) and has relevant UK curriculum experience (2 years teaching experience minimum).
- Enjoys a professionally-stimulating environment.
- Promotes a well organised and inspiring learning environment.
- Offers enthusiasm and demonstrates a positive approach to students.
- Is comfortable integrating technology into all teaching practices.
- Is committed to constant improvement in all aspects of school life.
- Is reflective and continually strives to improve performance.
- Understands the value of consistent application of school policies.
We will provide:
- An excellent salary.
- Annual travel allowance.
- International worldwide medical cover.
- Up to two full school scholarships.
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
- Opportunities for promotion and development both within the school and the wider global network of Nord Anglia Education.
If the opportunity to work in a progressive school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
Applications must be submitted via the BSKL application form or the link below.
The closing date for applications is 3.00 pm on the 28th of February 2018. Early applications are strongly encouraged (we reserve the right to appoint early).
The Nord Anglia Education and all NAE schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with current/past employers, and an enhanced DBS.
Please browse our website https://britishschool.edu.my/ to find out more about the school.
The British International School of Kuala Lumpur:
No 1 Changkat Bukit Utama, Bandar Utama,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, 47800 Malaysia
+60 3 7727 7775