Secondary / IB Teacher - International Independent School
Fulltime Position from January 2019
Subjects: Maths, Economics, Chemistry, English, German (any combination)
Language of Instruction: English (except for German)
German language skills preferred
Experience in the IB Diploma Programme is preferred
The German International School Sydney (GISS) is currently seeking experienced, committed and passionate Secondary School Teacher (Year 5 – 12) to join our team at the start of Term 1 in 2019.
The GISS is a small international school offering a bilingual education programme (German and English). It is registered by the NESA and accredited by the Federal Republic of Germany as a German School Abroad which offer tuition from Kindergarten to the bilingual IB-Diploma. The school has been awarded the certificate “Excellent German School Abroad” in 2017.
The school is a highly reputable co-educational school that caters for students from Preschool to Year 12. The school has a rich history of quality education and aims to provide an enjoyable work place for its staff.
Applicants are required to have:
- An appropriate tertiary teacher qualification
- The ability to work collaboratively with staff and parents
- Right to work in Australia
Key descriptors and skills:
- Demonstrated effectiveness and experience as a teacher for secondary students
- Being a team player and contribute to a multi-disciplinary team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with parents, students, and colleagues
- Maintain professional competence by participating in staff development activities, curriculum development meetings, and other professional opportunities
- Being committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population in a bilingual learning environment
- Embracing the culture of a multilingual community in an inclusive, non-selective school
This position will commence with term 1 starting 21st January 2019. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter to Jobs1989@giss.nsw.edu.au.
Applications close 14th October 2018.