St Patricks is a Parish Co-educational Secondary College of approximately 480 students in Gympie. Gympie is located approximately 40 minutes from the Sunshine Coast. The College provides a values-based education that fosters and applauds students talents and potential. The College aims to develop students' self-worth, social, academic and sporting skills, religious and ethical formation, so that students can achieve to their potential and live the College motto "Let your light shine". The College has been an integral part of the St Patrick’s Parish educational precinct and Gympie community for more than 135 years, during which time students have achieved outstanding academic and sporting results as well as success in many other arenas.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our College community. This is a fixed term full time position teaching secondary Physics, Maths and Science.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support the liturgical and prayer life of the school,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): For 2022 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Jillian Wells
Contact Telephone Number: 5482 0600
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education