Established in 2004 and licensed by the Vietnamese Government, Vietnam Australia International School (VAS) is a private school group with the national education system offering K-12 education programmes. At present, VAS is offering educational services to more than 7,200 students from K through 12 at 7 campuses in Ho Chi Minh City. VAS has successfully implemented the two study pathways for its students, including: (1) the National Education Programme combined with the Cambridge Academic Programme (CAP) and (2) the National Education Programme combined with the Cambridge English Programme (CEP). Both study pathways are benchmarked with internationally and nationally recognized qualifications/certifications and carefully designed to suit students in Vietnam.VAS welcomes interests and applications from qualified experienced and enthusiastic teachers to share our vision.Vietnam Australia International School (VAS), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam requires a number of Secondary Physical Education Teachers with at least 2 years (full academic year) teaching Physical Education for grade 6 to 12 and A level; Cambridge International Curriculum experience is preferred.Candidates should come from a professional background of Bachelor degree or higher in education or a relevant teaching subject, along with a valid teaching certificate/license.Reporting to Head of PE department cum Extra Curricular, Secondary Physical Education Teacher is in charge of the followings:1) TEACHING & LEARNING
- Provide an organized, disciplined and stimulating environment for students’ learning both inside and outside the classroom.
- Promote child centered learning through stimulating, differentiated activities that foster different learning styles
- Demonstrate excellence in the classroom
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities:create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year; lesson plans submitted on a weekly basis or as instructed by supervisor.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Provide proper, accurate and timely assessments for student learning, including creating and conducting tests, exams, grade papers, comments, reporting, etc. based on the guidelines given by the school; ensure full compliance of assessment criteria given by the school.
- Create projects to enhance teaching.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics / methodologies and approaches in education.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula to provide the diverse educational, cultural and linguistic backgrounds the students deserve.
- Develop incentives to keep students participating in class.
- Utilize public library or on-line resources.
- Work with programme supervisors to ensure objectives are being met.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Manage student behaviour by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
- Participate in on-going training sessions.
- Participate in, plan & conduct extra-curriculum activities for students as assigned by the school (at least one activity per week)
- All other administrative duties as needed.
2) PASTORAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote a positive, confident and happy international community.
- Have high expectations of personal endeavor and achievement
- Attend staff meetings, parents/teacher meetings, school trips & school events and functions as and when required by the school (including events organized on Saturdays and Sundays)
- Support and implement the student code of conduct.
- Cover for absent colleagues when required
3) RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE SCHOOL
- Work closely with other staff members as a team, sharing skills and equipment with other staff.
- Contribute actively to the school’s Newsletters/Bulletin and Booklets
- Assist in marketing programmes and parent discussion groups and other programmes to promote the school and its philosophies.
4) ENGLISH SPEAKING ENVIRONMENT All teachers are required to encourage and enforce an English speaking environment for all students within the school compound. 5) OTHER TASKS
- Undertake other tasks as and when assigned by the Immediate Superior and/or the school.
Benefits package includes competitive salary, monthly housing allowance, medical insurance, paid school holidays, tuition exemption for up to two children, flight reimbursement, visa reimbursement, settling-in allowance and retention benefits. Initial contract is two year starting July 26, 2018.E-mail your CV directly to: email@example.com with a relevant position in the subject line providing a full resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, references (3+) and passport.