We are looking for an innovative, dynamic teacher with a growth mindset and high expectations. This is an excellent opportunity to join our large and vibrant Humanities Faculty and Social Sciences team. Experience of teaching Sociology at Key Stage 4/5 would be an added advantage.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. GIS is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and support staff, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
The school is focused on creating the best environments for our learners to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. With over 75 hours dedicated to teacher CPD every year, as well as a keen focus on staff and student well-being, we are constantly striving for excellence, both as practitioners and for our learners. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning and provide a 1:1 device programme and use Google Apps for Education as our main learning platform.
Successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Have a growth mindset, looking to continually improve
- Have some experience of developing Psychology curriculum to meet the needs of the 21st-century classroom
- Be willing to be an active contributor to the Humanities Faculty by sharing great practice and planning collaboratively
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
- Have student-centred approach to teaching and learning
- Have working knowledge of GoogleApps and the confidence to work with iPads would be an advantage
- Have willingness to support aspects of the school's busy co-curricular programme
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications 21st of December 2018. Interviews will take place over Skype and then in London in January 2019.
Please review the ‘GIS Information for Applicants 2019-20’ booklet found in the Applicant Info Pack prior to applying for this role.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).