Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
● Provide vision, leadership and oversight in planning, implementing and evaluating all Community Service Programs (internal and external) in the Secondary School; including Student Leadership & Mentoring Programs.
● A minimum 4 year teaching qualification from a recognised institution; higher qualifications would be an advantage;
● Prior involvement in community service / student leadership / outdoor education experiences would be an advantage
● Prior experiences in risk assessment analysis may be advantageous
● Experience in a Leadership position within an educational institution;
● Excellent English-language written and verbal communication skills;
● The ability to work across all levels of the school community including teachers, School Executive, students and parents.
● Passion and excellent understanding of Community Service
● Pastoral leadership experience essential - genuine care for students and their wellbeing
● Experience in the development of community service activities in a Secondary context (ideal)
● Excellent communication and relationship building skills with staff and external agencies
● Excellent organisation and documentation skills
● Attendance at and support of school events and service experiences outside of standard school hours
AIS welcomes the right candidate to join our AIS team in the Secondary School.
We are offering attractive salary and benefit packages to successful candidates.Further information about this position is available in the attached job description. Only applications submitted using the school's application form will be considered. Please submit your completed application form, cover letter and CV by Tuesday 31 JULY 2018, 23:59 (UK Time). Please provide the following supporting documentation as well as completing our application form:
- CV or Resume (max 2 side of A4)
- Cover Letter (max 1 side of A4)