The British School Caracas was founded in 1950 and recently celebrated its 70th birthday with our best results to date in the International Baccalaureate Diploma. We are seeing a rise in numbers and so we are looking for inspirational teachers to join our dynamic and committed team. We have 150 students in our Primary and 120 students in the Secondary Section. Our curriculum follows the English National Curriculum in years 7-9, IGCSE in years 10-11 and the IB Diploma Programme in years 12-13.
If you are adventurous, committed to conveying the wonders of your subject and would like to be part of these exciting times here at TBSC, as well have the opportunity to live and work in Caracas, we look forward to hearing from you! Our teachers are flexible, enthusiastic, motivated, excellent communicators and always willing to go the extra mile. We are committed to educating the whole child and are not simply a results factory (although these are excellent) and we fully support creativity and innovation in the classroom. We have a very strong sense of community as a school and this has inspired tremendous loyalty in students, parents and staff alike.
We are looking for a Teacher of English who can teach years 7 to 13, with sound knowledge of the English National Curriculum and the (I)GCSE. While IBDP experience is preferred (some experience of TOK would be warmly welcomed!), if you have been a successful A-Level teacher we will have you trained. A minimum of four years’ teaching experience is required. In return, teachers receive a flight to and from the place of hire at the end of their contracts, a furnished apartment and health insurance. Our remuneration package is highly competitive.
Please apply with a letter outlining your educational philosophy, why you are a good fit for our school and highlighting why you would like to work at TBSC (and live in Caracas!). Please send letters of application and CV (including two referees) to email@example.com by Friday 17th September.
- Teaching qualification (Essential)
- Subject specialist (Essential)
- Second subject (Preferred)
- 4 years or more teaching experience (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of English Curriculum (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of the GCSE or IGCSE (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of IBDP (Preferred)
We need individuals who are:
If this is you, then please apply!
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status, Government approved teaching certification from non-UK country or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Criminal background check, Medical check, References
- Below 65 years of age
The British School Caracas
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
HISTORY: A brief summary of some major events at TBSC:
1950 The British School Caracas was opened at the Old Hacienda Farmhouse in Las Mercedes (now the Vera Cruz Supermarket) on 15th of September with 37 pupils and four teachers. Eileen Hinks (later ...