Lusaka International Community School, (LICS), is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia.
LICS is a member of CIS, AISA and ISAZ and is the largest international school in the region.
The school is in an exciting phase of facility and curriculum development and will offer the incumbent an enriching and enjoyable sense of professional fulfillment. For more information about Zambia, please visit, https://www.zambiatourism.com/
We seek to appoint a Secondary Vice Principal (Academic) with effect 1 August 2019. This is an extremely rare and exciting opportunity for the right candidate to take up a leading role in our rapidly developing school. You will have the opportunity to lead and impact significantly on areas such as curriculum development, tracking and analysis of assessment data, monitoring and developing standards of teacher and HoD effectiveness, academic systems and procedures and timetabling. You will serve as a member of the whole school leadership team and contribute to the overall leadership, management and strategic direction of the school.
LICS offers an attractive remuneration package paid in US$.
A tax free gratuity is paid upon successful completion of each contract. Excellent Medical Insurance is provided.
• Possess a minimum of Bachelor’s degree, with a proven track record of either Middle or Senior Secondary Leadership.
• Excellent classroom practice.
• Be passionate about teaching and learning; be an advocate and champion of excellence for all our pupils.
• Able to communicate what excellent teaching and learning is and enthuse teachers about our practice.
• Clear and empathetic communication skills.
• Able to develop effective systems that are understood and supported by all stakeholders.
• The gravitas to inspire confidence and respect in pupils, parents and staff.
• Experience in leading academic/ teaching and learning teams.
• Experience in leading successful pedagogical change in a whole school context.
• Registration with a Teachers’ Accreditation / Registration Body.
• Be a dynamic, driven person with a desire for educational excellence.
• Be willing to be part of a successful team at a school with a well-established academic record.
Please submit your letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require more information about the position, please contact the Secondary School Principal, Mr Thomas Garside on email@example.com
The closing date for receiving all applications is Friday 15th February 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Potential employees will be subject to full security vetting.