- passionate about improving outcomes for children and allowing teachers to become more effective leaders of learning in school?
- an experienced Key Stage 3/4 science teacher with an in-depth knowledge of the secondary curriculum who has an interest in new and innovative ways of teaching and learning?
- ready to learn a new skill?
- able to work on a full-time (fixed term) basis at our Blackburn offices?
If so, apply to become a Secondary Science Author at Learning by Questions and join us on our journey.
Who are we?
Learning by Questions is a classroom app filled with curriculum-aligned Question Sets which children work through at their own pace. The Question Sets are carefully designed to enable pupils to progress through a carefully stepped sequence of learning, moving from knowledge through understanding, working scientifically and scientific reasoning and mastering each step before they move on to the next. Immediate feedback promotes learning and a live lesson report gives teachers instant insight for effective interventions. Children are engaged with their learning and teacher workloads are reduced with automatic marking and less time spent searching for content. Visit our website to find out more.
What we need
We are currently building our bank of Question Sets for biology, chemistry and physics and need experienced science teachers who are willing to develop their skills and become authors. We are looking for people who:
- have recent teaching experience at Key Stage 3/4 science (ideally a minimum of four years)
- possess an in-depth knowledge of the secondary science UK curriculum
- are interested in further developing existing skills to enable them to write to a professional, publishable standard
- are willing to work with editorial staff and Instructional Designers to produce Question Sets which offer a unique learning opportunity for children
- have a thorough and keen eye for detail
- are able to demonstrate an excellent command of English grammar
- are comfortable learning to use an online platform to author questions
- have experience using technology in the classroom - IWB, tablets, etc
- have good time management and organisational skills
- are able to work collaboratively with other teachers with both primary and secondary backgrounds
- have good communication skills and are able to highlight issues or offer advice unprompted, whilst at the same time taking advice from others
- are able to demonstrate initiative and offer ideas while working within broad guidelines.
Experience in designing and writing questions would be a bonus, but it is more important that our authors are willing to learn new skills and work collaboratively both with other teachers and editorial staff.
Your application should demonstrate how you meet the above criteria.
Learning by Questions offers a relaxed, supportive working environment with flexible working hours. We offer 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and a range of benefits on successful completion of a probationary period.