What is your next leadership role? ?
Through seven modern campuses and with a large team of professional teachers, Vietnam Australia School (VAS) offers a highly unique and integrated bilingual education system to nearly 9,500 predominantly Vietnamese students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. We offer both the National and Cambridge curricula to our students. As our student base and number of campuses are growing, we are truly excited about having even more highly motivated, enthusiastic and capable leaders to join us. Start date is end of July 2020.
What are the advantages for you?
The Science group subject coordinator post, stated above, will have a remit across all seven VAS campuses and offer an opportunity for the successful candidates to develop both their leadership skills and subject specialisms. In addition, there is an opportunity to work at a system-wide level and influence the curriculum offering and delivery in all campuses.
What you will do
Under the leadership of the Director for Quality Assurance and Professional Development, the central Group Curriculum Coordinator team will provide a consistent and timely updated instructional materials for the subject you are in charge of, to meet the expected student learning outcomes and support effective instruction of the curriculum at the campuses. In addition:
- You will provide and keep up to date a complete curriculum resource base, including curriculum framework, schemes of work, teachers guide, assessment and testing policies & materials, etc.
- You will be involved in observing teachers’ instruction, analysing test data, assessing education standards, reviewing textbooks, recommending instructional techniques, and conducting professional development workshops for teachers.
- You will form part of the group-wide quality assurance team and work closely with the group and campus leadership teams and subject leaders to identify areas for improvement and to deliver their identified strategic objectives.
- You will have up to 40% teaching load for the subject area of your expertise.
Your background and experience
- Recognised qualification in secondary / primary education and solid experience & expertise (both practical and theoretical) in the subject area in charge
- A commitment to and ability to demonstrate high academic, professional and personal standards.
- Highly developed analytical and monitoring skills.
- Results driven with good attention to details
- Excellent team player and ability to work well with management and staff of different levels
- Willingness to embrace our VAS core values.
Successful candidates must have solid knowledge in the subject area in charge and relevant teaching experience at the highest level of secondary education, which is AS & A Levels.
As an international teacher our package will include a competitive base salary, monthly housing allowance, relocation allowance, visa and work permit reimbursement, settling-in allowance, tuition waiver for up to two children, medical insurance, 12 weeks of paid holidays, retention bonus, and more. In addition, you will have generous non-contact time for planning, preparation and professional growth.
Please send in your full application including your resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, three references, and a copy of your passport.