Secondary Science Teacher, IEP Elian's British School, La Nucía
We're keen to appoint a secondary Science teacher with plenty of enthusiasm to inspire our students from Year 7 to Year 11 and beyond. You'll join a cheerful, professional team at a well-resourced campus in a stunning Mediterranean location by a mountain nature reserve.
What We're Looking For
- Fully qualified secondary Science teacher with teaching experience of the British curriculum (PGCE/QTS).
- Ability to teach at Key Stage 3
- Specialism in one or two areas of science at Key Stage 4 and possibly Key Stage 5 for future progression.
- Ideally, familiar with the Cambridge syllabus.
- Native speaker (or equivalent) of English.
- Good team player.
- Willing to take creative approaches to teaching Science, using a variety of teaching and assessment methods.
- Able to successfully track student progress.
- Willing to contribute to the wider life of the school.
- Confident level of Spanish (not essential).
What We Offer
- Happy, well-behaved students, who are willing to learn.
- Friendly, supportive staff.
- Small class sizes.
- Beautiful campus on the popular Costa Blanca (Marina Baixa).
- Continuing professional development, including optional Spanish classes on site.
- Numerous opportunities to develop your career at a Key Stage or subject level — or beyond.
- Year-round, permanent contract.
- Minimum 6 weeks summer holiday.
- Unlike the majority of schools in Spain, our terms usually include a half term holiday.
- Tuition fees waived for your own children (if you have them), who are entitled to a place at our school.
- Salary in line with the agreement for private schools in Spain (the convenio).
- As part of the International Educational Partnership (IEP) group, we have links and employment opportunities with British and international schools across Spain.
If you like the sound of all that, we want to meet you! Please submit your introductory letter, a recent photograph and CV addressed to Rosa Maria Tortosa: email@example.com
For more information about our school, please visit our website: https://lanucia.iepgroup.es/en
IEP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure through the DBS process.
Elian's British School of La Nucia
La Nucía, Spain (Costa Blanca)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 1 - 18 years