Secondary English and HSIE Teacher
Commences Term 1 2019
Nambucca Valley Christian Community School (NVCCS) is a growing Christian School on the Mid North Coast of NSW. NVCCS was established in 1991 and is a K-12 school.
As a ministry of the Nambucca River Presbyterian Churches, we are seeking applications from committed Christian teachers who are passionate about Christian education; who subscribe to our Statement of Faith, and who would be keen to serve with us to bring glory to God through our School.
Commencing on 22nd January 2019, we will have a part-time teaching position FTE 0.8
FTE 0.8 Subject specialisations: Secondary English and HSIE Stage 4 and 5
The School is seeking a qualified and experienced English and HSIE teacher to join our dynamic faculty in 2019. The successful candidate will be an exceptional educator, who is highly motivated to support NVCCS to maintain and develop learning and innovation, ensure continued academic achievement and inspire, engage and value every student.
• A demonstrated commitment to Christ
• Be willing to support the Christian ethos and values of the School.
• Subscribe to our Statement of Faith (available on our website).
• A commitment to the strategic direction of the school.
• Appropriate teaching qualifications and accreditation in NSW.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Stage 4 & 5 English and HSIE curriculum.
• A willingness to teach a variety of subjects.
• A high standard of competency and proficiency as a classroom teacher.
• Commitment to pedagogical progression, exhibiting strong skills in English and HSIE.
• Demonstrated ability to use a variety of teaching strategies to meet the diverse needs of all students to enhance student knowledge and understanding.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to build positive relationships with students, staff and parents.
• A demonstrated ability to work positively in a team.
• Proficient administrative skills, with a high level of flexibility and adaptability.
• Ability to utilise data to enhance students’ learning.
• Current NSW Working with Children Check.
• Evidence of innovative classroom practices.
• A willingness to keep current with emerging educational developments.
• Learning support background K-12
Applicants will be required to undergo NSW Working with Children check, identification verifications & referee checks.
Remuneration will be negotiated and will be in accord with the current CSA rates taking into consideration the qualifications and experience of the applicant.
To apply for this position:
• Address the essential and desirable criteria in a letter of application.
• Provide copies of qualifications and accreditation.
• Provide a reference from your current pastor/minister.
• Provide an additional 2 other references preferably employment related.
Confidential applications may be addressed to the Principal, Mr Jeff Allen. Please contact Jeff Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Applications close Monday 14th January 2019, with interviews to be held on Saturday 19th January 2019.
Mr Jeff Allen
Nambucca Valley Christian Community School
PO Box 152, Nambucca Heads, NSW, 2448
Ph. (02) 6568 9311