TAREE St Clare's High School
Vacancy TypeTemporary Full Time
St Clare's High School Taree is looking for a Temporary full-time English Teacher to join the team for Term 1, 2 and 3 of the 2020 school year! This role is temporary in nature as the current incumbent is accessing Maternity Leave.
• Join an inclusive and well-rounded High School educating students in Manning Valley area.
• New open plan learning centre for students in 2019 with an upgrade to student facilities!
• Be a part of a school with 600 student that strives for academic excellence and encourages successful and confident learners.
• Make an impact on the students of St Clare’s and the wider local community of Taree!
St Clare's was established in 1971 as a systemic, coeducational, regional high school catering for students from Taree, Forster/Tuncurry, Wingham, Bulahdelah, Krambach/Nabiac and Gloucester parishes. It continues a tradition of quality secondary education in the Manning/Great Lakes Region which commenced in 1926, at Taree, by the Sisters of St Joseph.
St Clare’s excellent standing in the local community and its consistently high academic results are directly attributable to the positive relationships staff form with students.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• Ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s - English;
• High level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning;
• Effective classroom management and teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
• Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
• Ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework;
• Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning;
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and other teachers;
• Use of interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with students, school staff and the wider community;
• Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the CSO Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy.
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Willingness to Comply or Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or willingness/working towards this accreditation.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Friday 13 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Clare's High School
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Peter Nicholls: Peter.Nicholls@mn.catholic.edu.au
Applications close: 13th December, 2019 at 3.00PM